OA Management is given when a person’s airway is been blocked or obstructed (eg. Choking)
1. Approach the victim who is pointing at his/her throat or grasping his/her neck.
2. Ask if the victim is choking.
3. If yes, ask victim to cough.
4. If the victim is unable to cough, stand behind the victim.
5. Put your arms around victim’s body.
6. Link your hands near victim’s belly button or near the belt.
7. Then give the victim 5 abdominal thrusts by pulling your hands inwards and upwards. (Do not use step 7 for pregnant mother or obese people)
8. Continue until the obstruction is clear.